Last update : 2017-08-17
Location : James Bay Eeyou Istchee
Eeyou Communications Network is seeking eager and interested employees at least 18 years of age or older to work as installation technicians for fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) services.
Applicants should have completed Secondary 3 level. Installation technicians will be responsible for the installation of fiber optic cables to the homes. They will be required to assist technical specialists in the installation process and will observe techniques in fibre management. They will also provide translation services when necessary.
Installation technician at ECN must have an excellent customer service skills into action as you provide direct support and guidance and respond to customer inquiries related to our products and services.
Installation technicians will be working 12 hours per day, 18 continuous days followed by 6 continuous holidays.
Additional full-time positions will be announced and employees who have performed well will be considered.
Residents in every community are eligible to apply. All information will be confidential and subject to review.
A five days training is necessary.
• Fixed-term contract of 2 to 4 months.
• Starting salary of 17$ per hour.
• Paid training.
• Schedule of 18 continuous working days followed by 6 continuous holidays.
• Overtime pay.
• Opportunity to acquire skills from highly specialized professionals.
• Possibility of full-time employment after completing this project.
• Installation of fiber telecommunications equipment, products and services.
• Provide an exceptional customer experience for our clients.
• Work independently and also assist other technicians while in the field.
• Inform customers of work that will be done.
• Observe and follow all company Health and Safety rules and policies.
• Knowledge of and interest in telecommunications.
• Available to begin work this September.
• Available to work in all Cree communities of Eeyou Istchee and municipalities of the James Bay region: Ouje-Bougoumou, Mistissini, Waswanipi, Waskaganish, Eastmain, Wemindji, Radisson, Chisasibi and Nemaska for extended periods of time.
• Available to work 18 continuous days, 12 hours per day.
• Good communication skills and ability to follow instructions.
• Secondary 3 level completed.
• Valid Quebec Drivers License class 5.
• Climb ladders without fear of heights.
• Work indoors as well as outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Ability to distinguish colors.
• English proficiency, both verbal and written.
• Verbal proficiency in Cree and French is an asset.
• Post-secondary education in a related field is a considerable asset.
Please send your application to email@example.com.
All applications should be received before September 1st 2017 at 5 PM.